3rd International Choral Festival & Competition
ALL NATIONS ARE SINGING
25th of April – 7th of May, 2019
Vilnius and Trakai, Lithuania
“Gratulationes” is arranging the 3rd International Choral Festival & Competition “All Nations Are Singing” in Vilnius and Trakai, on the 25th of April – 7th of May, 2019. The festival is open to all choirs, both Lithuanian and foreign.
Short summary of the program:
- 25th of April – 7th of May – choirs perform in various concert halls and churches;
- 26th of April – 6th of May – choirs have excursions in Vilnius and Trakai;
- 27th – 28th of April – competition days.
The applicants may choose:
- Compete in the choir competition. 27th – 28th of April – competition days. Choirs participating in the competition perform four songs (from your repertoire). The total length of four songs should not exceed 15 minutes. All songs have to be carried out a cappella. Participants should provide the organizer with a list of four songs (the name of the song and its author’s full name). The winners of Grand Prix, first, second and third places will receive certificates and special prizes. Assessment criteria: singing technique, artistry, level of difficulty of the selected pieces. The choirs will be judged by a panel of 4-5 highly accredited judges.
- Participate in secular music program. A choir performs songs written by their national composers. The length of the performance – 25 min. It is preferred that the choir sings a cappella or brings their own folk instruments. The concerts will be held in concert halls or theatres.
- Participate in sacred music program. A choir performs sacred music pieces written by various composers. The length of the performance – 25 min. It is preferred that the choir sings a cappella. The concerts will be held in churches in Vilnius and Trakai.
- Vaidila Theatre, A. Jaksto str. 9;
Church of St. Theresa, Ausros Vartu str. 14;
- State Small Theatre of Vilnius, Gedimino ave. 22;
- Church of St. Raphael the Archangel, Snipiskiu str. 1;
- Church of St. Philip and St. Jacob, Vasario 16-osios str. 10;
- Church of the Invention of the Holy Cross, Kalvariju str. 327;
- Church of the Visitation of Virgin Mary, Birutes str. 5, Trakai.
Total cost for one person:
|3 nights||4 nights||5 nights|
|25th - 28th of April||25th - 29th of April||25th - 30th of April|
|26th - 29th of April||26th - 30th of April|
|2nd - 5th of May||2nd - 6th of May||2nd - 7th of May|
|3rd - 6th of May||3rd - 7th of May|
|116.00 €||148.00 €||180.00 €|
The cost includes:
- Accommodation in a 3-star hotel1;
- Meals twice a day (breakfast and dinner);
- One 2-hour guided excursion in Vilnius or Trakai2;
- Participant fee.
1 The participants will be accommodated in 3-star hotels, in double standard rooms or apartments. Hotels are located in the centre, or near the centre (2-4 km).
2 We are offering two excursions:
- Vilnius Old Town and the Centre on Foot. You will see the astonishing Old Town (UNESCO World Heritage site), many nice churches and other places of interest.
- A guided trip to former capital of Lithuania – Trakai (30 km from Vilnius). You will see the beautiful town of Trakai and the amazing Trakai Castle. Entry fee - 7 € for adults, 4 € for students with ISIC.
The 15th of January, 2019 is the last day to apply.
- 15th of January, 2019 – the last day to apply;
- 16th of January, 2019 – choirs will get a confirmation by e-mail including bank details;
- Choirs are required to transfer 30% of the cost until 1st of February;
- Choirs are required to transfer other 70% of the cost until 1st of March.
The organizer does not cover any of the travel costs.
The travelling costs must be covered by the participants.
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail: